Before the workshop:
The goal is gather short sounds from different places that then can be used for an art activity before, during and after the workshop. The submission form and instructions are at the bottom of the page. As sounds are gathered, they will be inserted here. [will be temporarily closed during the workshop so as to not have too many forms & cause confusion. We may reopen after the event… We are learning as we go.]
During the workshop: Thanks to great global participation, we have sounds. During the Workshop we’ll be asking folks to select a sound and react to it either with a drawing or a poem, and to submit those drawings using the submission form and instructions at the bottom of the page (anonymous submissions are encouraged).
Waiting on a friend
Bugs in my head
Coyotes & crickets
To do (before the workshop):
- Listen. What do you hear? Think about what sounds define your surroundings.
- Record a short samplings of those sounds. They can be music, noise or other sounds ( but no words, focus on only on the sound).
- Upload your recording using the form below. If you provide an email, we will let you know when your sounds have been uploaded.
- Listen to the sounds uploaded by others.
- If you have any problems or issues please contact me via email at email@example.com, via Twitter at @eliasto5, or via Mastodon at @firstname.lastname@example.org
To do (during the workshop):
- Select a sound from the list above.
- As you listen to it, take one or two minutes (max) to draw or write a poem. Don’t think about it. Just respond 🙂
- Upload your recording using the form below. If you provide an email, we will let you know when your images have been uploaded.
- If you have any problems, put up your hand or scream and yell until you get someone’s attention.